Saturday, March 29, 2014

2014 Donruss

I have to admit, I was a little bit excited to see that Donruss was making a comeback.  Back in the day, Donruss was a major player in the baseball card field.  Of course, they eventually folded under or disappeared or did whatever the did.  But, they were gone.  That's all that mattered.

Donruss is back, now.  So, I went down to the LCS with my limited pennies and bought myself a couple of packs for the sake of research.  For the price, which isn't too bad, I wasn't disappointed.  The cards are nice looking and there's a chance at some hits.  Donruss has what all price-conscious collectors are looking for.

Of course, the Diamond Kings (which I have always liked) and Rated Rookies have returned.  Which is a nice touch.  Each box promises two autographs and a game used relic card along with numerous short prints.  So, it looks like it could be a promising product.

The autograph checklists look pretty good.  The Donruss line will have cards signed by Trout, Glavine,   David Wright, Ken Griffey Jr., and a pretty well stocked stable of other Hall of Famers and star players.  The checklists didn't look like Donruss was skimping when signing up athletes to sign their cards.  This is very nice.

Check out the full checklist over at our friend's site, Cardboard Connection.

The two packs I bought didn't yield anything spectacular.  Just a Longoria for the old personal collection and a Hall-Worthy Ichiro insert.  But, it was fun to crack into a couple of packs of an old friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment