Saturday, April 27, 2013

2013 Panini Prizm

Well, I scrounged a few bucks so I could buy a pack of this Panini Prizm.  I figured that I should at least have bought one pack so I could at least give you all a hands-on review.

The pack I got didn't have any hits (of course).  However, I was fairly impressed with the look of the cards.  Sure, they're all futuristic looking and such.  But, the cards have a real clean look and, to me, that's fairly important.  Since it's Panini, you won't find any of those pesky Major League Baseball logos anywhere.

The set is fairly small (200 cards) but the pack size will likely make it difficult for you set collectors out there.  Each pack holds a measly six cards.  For the price...well, there should be more.

The autograph inserts look to be pretty well stocked.  There's Griffey Jr., Mattingly, David Wright, Reggie Jackson, and more.  So, there are some pretty decent hits to be had with this product.  The rest of the inserts look fairly well stocked, too.  I'm really not surprised that this product would be "hit heavy".

So, Panini Prizm looks to me like it could be a pretty good buy for this season.  Lots of hits.  Decent hobby box price.  Overall, looks good.  Nice work, Panini.

For those that are curious here are the results of my lone pack:  Chris Sale base, R. Zimmerman, base, C. Headley base, Tyler Moore RC, Gallardo base, and J. Verlander "Dominance".  No biggies but I needed to look at these in person to give you fine folks a proper review.

No comments:

Post a Comment