Sunday, April 7, 2013

Tidbits

This week has been crazy with job stuff so I have neglected "The Curve".  I feel bad about it.  So, what I'm going to do to make it up to everyone is throw out some "tidbits" from the week.

Tidbit 1
The baseball season has started and all is right with the world, once again.  Sorry football, for all of your self-inflated grandiosity, baseball is still America's Game.  All of you TTM guys and gals out there be sure to shift your mailings from Spring Training sites to the Major League (or Minor League) stadiums.

Walker
Tidbit 2
After writing my post on the TTM desert, I received two (TWO!) returns yesterday.  Got 1/1 from Mikie Mahtook, who is one of the numerous young players the Rays are grooming.  Looks like he may be pretty good.  But, since I am a Rays fan, it's a solid return.  Also, the magic from the Emerald City continues.  Well over half of my returns recently have been from the Seattle Mariners system.  On the same day Mahtook came, Taijuan Walker (M's superstud pitcher) sent 2/2 from Spring Training.  Mr. Walker signed both beautifully in really thin blue Sharpie.

Tidbit 3
Mahtook
I picked up my first Beckett Baseball in quite a while this past week.  Actually, the fella at the local card shop gave me a free copy of last month's, but whatever.  Anyway, I am really not digging the new layout.  It seems the articles are getting shittier, if that's even possible.  Beckett's articles have, for the most part, always sucked ass.

Tidbit 4
Am I the only one who hates watching fat dudes ripping open boxes on YouTube?  Video is cool.  Hearing some schlub talk whilst opening cards is friggin' lame.  Just type out what you got.

Tidbit 5
Panini is re-creating (or reviving) the Pinnacle brand for baseball.  Ugh.  There will definitely be a post about this one soon.  Looks to me like there will be some new baseball releases coming soon.  One will be the Gypsy Queen brand, which has pretty consistently let me down since it's initial release...well, modern release.  Topps Tribute, which is WAY out of my price range, is coming out for you big spenders.  Panini and Onyx (who are doing more than just auto'd memorabilia and moving into cards) are also releasing product of their own.  Stay tuned so I can trash every one of these.

Those are my tidbits.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment