Friday, March 15, 2013

Not to Gush or Anything...

Normally, I don't get overly excited about a TTM return.  I did in the past when I got a Trout return...and a Josh Hamilton...and a Yogi.  But, normally I'm happy to get them back but I don't get mushy over most of the returns.  Today's mail brought a smile to my recently downtrodden face.

Billy Hamilton.  Cincy Reds' super-stud prospect sent back two cards in the mail.  Both were signed, which was both that I had sent, and they were signed in gold paint pen.  This was a first for me.  Didn't matter.  The Minor League Heritage looks amazing in gold...the Pro Debut, meh.  I'm really happy to get these back.

Like I felt with Trout, I really think that Hamilton is going to be a difference maker in the league.  This guy has lightning speed and will be the only player I can imagine that could break Ricky's stolen base record (season AND career records).  I'm really looking forward to what Hamilton can do in the big leagues.  It's obvious the minors can't hold him any longer.

Good return.  No...awesome return.

No comments:

Post a Comment